The purpose of this 1-hour musical composition is to utilize beautiful original music to support, harmonize and help balance the listener’s Kapha Dosha while also providing a deeply relaxing experience. This musical creation will provide a beautiful sensory path to balance and health. Additionally, this music will enhance your ability to meditate and calm your mind & body.
Listening to this music while practicing yoga, massage and other healing work is highly recommended.
The dosha Kapha governs the structure of the body. It is the principle that holds the cells together and forms the muscle, fat, bone, and sinew. The primary function of Kapha is protection. Kapha ‘cements’ the elements in the body, providing the material for physical structure. This dosha maintains body resistance. Gives biological strength, vigor and stability, supports memory retention, gives energy to the heart and lungs, and maintains immunity. Kapha supports the cells that make up our organs and the fluids that nourish and protect them. The chest is the seat of Kapha.
Individuals who have dominant Kapha energy are naturally calm, thoughtful, and loving. They have an inherent ability to enjoy life and are comfortable with routine. When in balance, Kaphas are strong, loyal, patient, steady, and supportive.
The key to balancing Kapha is stimulation. Kaphas tend to cling to the status quo and routine, so they need the stimulation of new sights, sounds, and experiences.
In balance, Kapha attributes are physical strength, a strong immune system, serenity, mental resolve, rational thinking, and ability to conserve and use personal resources, endurance, and adaptability.
Kapha types need to stay warm and avoid dampness. Kaphas are particularly sensitive to cold, damp conditions and benefit from dry heat.
Signs & Symptoms of Kapha Imbalance
1. Excessive mucous congestion
2. Thick, white tongue coat
3. Slow, sticky, sluggish bowel movements
4. Excess body weight
5. Difficulty rising in the morning
6. Feeling slow, foggy, dull, lethargic or heavy
7. Easily attached or possessive
8. Overly sentimental
9. May suffer from asthma, diabetes, and depressive tendencies
10. Complacent or stubborn
11. Tendency for “emotional overeating”
Kapha Manifesting in a Balanced State: Indications of balanced Kapha influences are physical strength, a strong immune system, serenity, mental resolve, rational thinking, and ability to conserve and use personal resources, endurance, and adaptability. It is also expressed in tendencies toward calmness, forgiveness, and love.
General Guidelines for Supporting Kapha
1. An energetic routine. Avoid stagnation.
2. Stimulating your body and mind on a daily basis.
3. A vigorous exercise routine that includes jogging, hiking, biking, vigorous forms of yoga or martial arts or other challenging forms of exercise, a minimum of five times per week.
4. Keeping warm and dry, no matter what the weather.
5. Lively and invigorating music, smells, experiences and company.
The Mantra OM
The Chanting of AUM
The mantra OM (Aum) is well known. A less known aspect of the chanting of OM (Aum) is how chanting this sacred mantra can influence the three Doshas. This is accomplished by changing the emphasis in the chanting. Aum actually consists of four syllables: A "aaah,", U "oooh,", M "mmm”, and the silent syllable.
The Mandukya Upanishad, which is entirely devoted to the discussion of Om, begins like this: "Om is the imperishable word. Om is the universe, and this is the exposition of Om. The past, the present, and the future, all that was, all that is, and all that will be is Om. Likewise, all else that may exist beyond the bounds of time, that too is Om."
For Kapha the first and second syllables are a short duration and the third syllable is extended. Kapha = Aummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Suggested Usages of this Music:
1. During the practice of yoga
2. To facilitate meditation and deep relaxation
3. Internal healing of body & mind
4. Enhance the experience of healing sessions, i.e. Ayurvedic treatments, massage therapy, acupuncture
5. Enhancement of intimacy and sexuality
6. Enhancement of mental focus and openness to artistic inspiration
File Size & More:
File size: 643 mb
Length: 1 Hour
Please note this audio file is a WAV file which is larger than an MP3. We use WAV files to provide the full spectrum of vibrations with their intended healing frequencies. MP3 files do not pick up these higher and lower spectrum sounds.