The purpose of this 1-hour musical composition is to utilize beautiful original music to support, harmonize and help balance the listener’s Pitta Dosha while also providing a deeply relaxing experience.
This musical creation will provide a beautiful sensory path to balance and health. Additionally, this music will enhance your ability to meditate and calm your mind - body.
Listening to this music while practicing yoga, massage and other healing work is highly recommended. The concept of the three Doshas is a critical aspect of the traditional Ayurveda medical theory of ancient India.
The Doshas represent the psychophysical tendencies of an individual that are established at conception. Every individual has all three Doshas within him or her, but it is the dominance of any one, two or all three that makes up a person’s individual prakruti (constitution). The prakruti creates the inborn tendencies that influence how one experiences life. When functioning normally and present in normal quantities, the Doshas maintain balance in all body processes. When out of balance, they create dis-ease.
The Primary Function of Pitta is Transformation.
The Pitta Dosha controls digestion, metabolism, and energy production. Pitta controls the enzymes that digest our food and the hormones that regulate our metabolism. Pitta transforms the chemical/electrical impulses in our mind to thoughts we can understand.
Psychologically, Pitta imbalance can arouse anger, hate and jealousy. Pitta also is associated with intelligence and understanding.
Signs - Symptoms of Pitta Imbalances
Individuals may be experiencing some of the following signs or symptoms:
1. red, inflamed rash, acne, cold sores
2. acute inflammation in body or joints
3. acid reflux, gastric or peptic ulcers, heartburn
4. nausea or discomfort upon missing meals
5. loose stools
6. uncomfortable feeling of heat in the body
7. frustration, anger, irritability
8. judgment, impatience, criticism, intolerance
9. red, inflamed or light-sensitive eyes
10. excessive perfectionist tendencies
Indications of Balanced Pitta are strong powers of digestion, vitality, goal-setting inclinations, good problem-solving skills, keen powers of intelligence, decisiveness, boldness and courage, and a bright complexion.
Further characteristics of Pitta are:
General Guidelines for Supporting Pitta - Enjoy:
1. Surrendering rather than controlling.
2. A regular, daily routine with regular times for eating, sleeping, working, etc.
Making certain to have time to play and to relax as well as to work.
3. A moderate exercise routine that includes a challenging form of yoga, swimming or biking, about five times per week. Avoid exercising during the hot part of the day.
4. Keeping yourself cool, mind and body.
5. Sweet and soothing music, smells, scenes and company.
The Mantra OM
The Chanting of AUM
The mantra OM (Aum) is well known. A less known aspect of the chanting of OM (Aum) is how chanting this sacred mantra can influence the three Doshas.
This is accomplished by changing the emphasis in the chanting. Aum actually consists of four syllables: A "aaah,", U "oooh,", M "mmm”, and the silent syllable.
The Mandukya Upanishad, which is entirely devoted to the discussion of Om, begins like this: "Om is the imperishable word. Om is the universe, and this is the exposition of Om. The past, the present, and the future, all that was, all that is, and all that will be is Om. Likewise, all else that may exist beyond the bounds of time, that too is Om."
For Pitta the first syllable is short, the middle syllable is extended and the third syllable is short. Pitta = aUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUm
Suggested Usages of this Music:
1. During the practice of yoga
2. To facilitate meditation and deep relaxation
3. Internal healing of body - mind
4. Enhance the experience of healing sessions, i.e. Ayurveda treatments, massage therapy, acupuncture
5. Enhancement of intimacy and sexuality 6. Enhancement of mental focus and openness to artistic inspiration
File Size & More:
File size: 643 mb
Length: 1 Hour
Please note this audio file is a WAV file which is larger than an MP3. We use WAV files to provide the full spectrum of vibrations with their intended healing frequencies. MP3 files do not pick up these higher and lower spectrum sounds.